Sumifs array question

cuddy89

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I would be very grateful for assistance with the following query which I have spent a while trying to figure out (on a Sunday!)

Please see the attached spreadsheet which contains some sample data.

In column Z, I require columns G,L,N and Q to be summed based on the date to their right, so H,M,P and R.

This is conditional on the below:

There being a date in column U (so non-blank).

The date in column U being greater or equal to the date in column X

The dates in H,M,P and R need to be less than or equal to the date in column Y

Where I am coming unstuck is when column U's date is earlier than the date in any of H,M,P and R

For example, for row 2, £15,366.33 would be the value given in cell Z2, but then £29,636.47 would be given in cell Z5 for row 2.

I think I need to write a sumifs formula in an array for this, but I am struggling to work out how to write this.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Attachments

• SUMIF array query.png
    SUMIF array query.png
    47 KB · Views: 17
So that makes the date in U irrelevant? Or only where it's less than or equal to the date in Y?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
The value in U is irrelevant if it is blank (no date), or if the date in U is greater than the value in Y (as this will be summed on a future week)

The spreadsheet is tracking the value of stock receipted in to our warehouse. Z can only sum (receipt in) the various components of the stock once there is a value in U, and the date paid of the stock components is less than or equal to the receipted in date
The condition I missed before (thank you for your patience with this) is when U is in an earlier week than some of the stock components were paid, as is the case with the 'Total payment' value in row 2.
In this instance, the formula will need to sum where X is greater than U, and the date paid columns are in the range X to Y

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back