Sumifs/Index/Match or Sumifs criterial range 1 multiple columns

kalyan46

Office Version
  1. 365
I am trying to figure out how to use Sumifs/Index/Match or Sumifs (using criteria range 1(multiple columns).
I can get it to work referencing only 1 column in the criteria selection, however I need the logic to change based on a validation list drop down (Cell Z1) to choose the correct column (Q-U).

Please see attachment as reference.

Thank you for your time

Attachments

• Example.jpg
    Example.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 30

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Also will the value in Z1 be the same as the column header, or the text in the columns?

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Also will the value in Z1 be the same as the column header, or the text in the columns?
Yes the column headers will match the drop down list

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, so you want to sum col I if the date matches & there is anything in the column selected by Z1?

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, so you want to sum col I if the date matches & there is anything in the column selected by Z1?
yes, sum column I, based on Date and selection criteria in Z1. Z1 results will vary columns Q-U
Thank you for your time

Upvote 0
Yes but if col Q is selected, do you want to sum col I based on col Q having any value on the relevant rows?

Upvote 0
Yes but if col Q is selected, do you want to sum col I based on col Q having any value on the relevant rows?
Correct,
example if secondary is selected in Z1, I would like Column S selected along with dates and Qty (col I)

Upvote 0
Ok, how about
Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS(I:I,B:B,Y4,INDEX(Q:U,,MATCH(Z1,Q1:U1,0)),"<>")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back