SUMIFS that can include blank cells

Funktion

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I'm trying various SUMIF and SUMIFS (and even SUMPRODUCT) formulas to get total charges on specific account numbers.

I have a worksheet with two tabs; one is a Summary of charges per account, and the other contains all of the Charges on all of the accounts.

The account numbers are comprised of up to five separate segments. Those segments are in columns A, B, C, D, and E on both tabs.

There will always be something in column A.
There will always be something in column B.
Columns C, D and E may or may not contain numbers. There could be one, two or all three of them populated on various accounts.

The problem is that any formula I try doesn't like blank cells and returns $0.00 if any of the cells in columns C, D and E in the account number are blank.

How can I build a formula that will either ignore the blanks, or match them up between tabs and provide a sum of all relevant charges, even if not all five of the fields contain numbers/data?

A sample of one formula I've tried in the summary tab is (the sum range is in column F):
=SUMIFS(Charges!$F$2:$F$1000,Charges!$A$2:$A$1000,A2,Charges!$B$2:$B$1000,B2,Charges!$C$2:$C$1000,C2,Charges!$D$2:$D$1000,D2,Charges!$E$2:$E$1000,E2)

If any of the cells C2, D2, or E2 on either tab are blank, the formula returns $0.00, even when there are dollar amounts in several cells that match the currently populated A and B segments (or A, B, and C. Or A, B, D, and E...).

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greggy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back