Summarize graph data

TwylaG

Board Regular
Good afternoon
I have a workbook that consists of a sheet with a graph on (sheet 1) and then sheet 2 through sheet x is the data for a particular year. Each month lists the salesperson and a total of group a and group b information (one group is a dollar value and one is a quantity).
Eg. Worksheet 1:
Yr: 1998JanuaryFebruaryMarch
Salesman1 $100.00200.00300.00
Salesman1 #426
Salesman2 $500.00200.00600.00
Salesman2 #319
etc

<tbody>
</tbody>

Then the graph will be a bar graph of the salespeople over time, so that from the drop down you can choose what year you want to look at and whether you want to look at the # or the $.
But, I want to add some additional functionality to the drop down selector. I want to add a way to summarize in two ways: Salesperson totals by Year rather than by month and then an analysis of months over the whole timespan (Eg, for salesperson 1, show all January's, or February's etc)
I am just in the setting up stage on my worksheets because there was some data loss prior to my time and inconsistency in how the data was collected and presented (don't ask). I have found a tutorial to get me to the drop-down selections on the graph sheet because the only drop downs I have done is with css; however the tutorial only covers the basics and so I would like some help with the two additional ways to summaries the data.
My question is: in the setting up stage, is there anything I can do with my data to make things easier on myself so that getting to those additional summaries will be easier (eg, add a total per year column on each workbook?). I can't change the format of the worksheets, that part is gonna be the way that it is as in the above chart, just because there would be too much data for me to change.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back