Summation returning cells values not names

ahmed_anwar

Hello,
Can anyone help me with this issue please, lets assume that from D1 till D5 the cell values are 1,2,3,4 & 5, and D6 is their summation, so when i stand on cell D6 i will see " =SUM(D1:D5) " and my question is; is there any formula can be made that when i stand on D6 i could see that " = 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 "
i.e. i need to see the cells value in the formula instead of their names.

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Only way I can think of is to click on the sum cell then press the 'fx' button to the left of the formula bar. This will open dialog box with the sum array displayed. And out of interest why?

Upvote 0
Only way I can think of is to click on the sum cell then press the 'fx' button to the left of the formula bar. This will open dialog box with the sum array displayed. And out of interest why?

Thanks for your concern, i had a sheet came from one of my colleges with a lot of line items let's assume 25 line item, each line item cost was broke down into multiple cells each cell with different description (i.e. material cost, transportation, installation & accessories). And i have to copy the total line item cost into 1 cell in another sheet; (EX. material cost=100, transportation=50, installation=30 & accessories=20) in my sheet i should see =100+50+30+20 not their sum (i.e. =200) And thanks again for tryin to help :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back