Summing Vlookup values to create portfolio aggregate report

Lorenzo89

Hi all,

I have a issue when i have to sum vlookup values. on sheet 1 i have my vlookup value (an ISIN number), on sheets 2 a series of data.
More precisely the data on the sheet 2 are divided as follow: Colunm1,2,3,4 and 5 respectively are BUY/SELL, ISIN, NAME OF THE INSTRUMENT, QUANTITY and HISTORICAL VALUE calculated as (price per share * quantity). This list of data represent all the movement that have been made on several portfolios during a period of time, from these i need to return on Sheet1 the sum of quantity of each instrument that have been trade over a period of time. For example: Lets say that 7 over 10 portfolios have trade in Apples Inc Shares, and there have been 7 purchased during the period of time( each bought 1000 shares therefore 7000 overall). However during the period of time some of the 7 investors have sold their shares, Lets says, 2 of them sold their entire portfolio, so 1000 shares each. As a result a final value of 5000 is remained.

What i want to return in sheet 1 is:

Column 1( Cell A1 i will write my ISIN numbr which is also my lookup value)

Column 2: Sum of each instrument bought during the period of time, (Cell B1 7000 Shares)

Column 3:Sum of each instrument sold during the period of time, (Cell C1 2000 Shares)

Column 4 i Need to do the difference between colum 2 and 3, ( Cell D1 5000)

Column 5, 6 and 7 i need to to the same thing as in colum 2,3 and 4, however instead of using the quantity i need to use the HISTORICAL VALUE, and return and aggregate figures like with the quantities.

Can someone please helping me? How should write the formula?

Best regards,

Lorenzo

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back