Sumproduct to Nth Number

Bartneedshelp

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am having trouble figuring out the correct formula or if it is possible in a one line solution. Here is an example

A - (1.3 x 1) , (1.1 x 5) , (1.1 x 28) = 37.6 x a
B - (1.5 x 2) , (1 x 2) , (2 x 8) = 21 x b
C - (1 x 10) , (2 x 5) , (3 x 3) = 29 x c

solution = (37.6 x a) + (21 x b) + (29 x c)

What formula would you use to do a repeating sumproduct to an nth number to sum the products of all the data

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
What does your current data look like in your worksheet? (How is the data entered into cells, e.g. what's in A1, B1, C1, D1, A2, B2, C2, etc.?) And why do you think SUMPRODUCT is needed?

Upvote 0
3 sheets currently with a alot of data being sorted most of it figured out but on the last step... to your point it may not need to be a sumproduct

highlighted is what formula i am trying to figure out - right now the highlighted cells work as A would where in this instance i am taking D:D where equal to B2 >> & C:C where equal to Sheet 1 B2 "13 - Toilet,Family" >> so where both of those are true and taking column J:J on sheet 3 gives a number >> then multiplies it to Sheet 1 D2 and additionally it would need to mulitply by Sheet 1 G1 in this case its just 1 and not in that formula yet but would need to change based on the corresponding Room name / number

this is what i have figured out so far but in order to finish this i would need to do this repeatedly for each room #13 - 24 as shown here at least and then sum all of those

Sheet 1
1671480155599.png

Sheet 2 & currently cell D2
1671480317184.png

1671480187382.png

Sheet 3

1671480217198.png

Upvote 0
3 sheets currently with a alot of data being sorted most of it figured out but on the last step... to your point it may not need to be a sumproduct

highlighted is what formula i am trying to figure out - right now the highlighted cells work as A would where in this instance i am taking D:D where equal to B2 >> & C:C where equal to Sheet 1 B2 "13 - Toilet,Family" >> so where both of those are true and taking column J:J on sheet 3 gives a number >> then multiplies it to Sheet 1 D2 and additionally it would need to mulitply by Sheet 1 G1 in this case its just 1 and not in that formula yet but would need to change based on the corresponding Room name / number

this is what i have figured out so far but in order to finish this i would need to do this repeatedly for each room #13 - 24 as shown here at least and then sum all of those

Sheet 1
View attachment 81214

Sheet 2 & currently cell D2
View attachment 81217

View attachment 81215

Sheet 3

View attachment 81216

In an attempt to explain further.....

I am trying to figure out the total for each Work Category example is (01.02 - GENERAL REQUIREMENTS) in order to do that
Each room has a specific cost for that Work Cat as seen above is the J column 2.20
Once you have the Work Cat unit cost then mulitply by the # of those rooms in the Sheet 1 G column in this case 1
Then mulitple by the corresponding room SF from Sheet 1 D since the first one in this series is 13 it would be 110
So for sheet 2 the product is 2.2 x 1 x 110 = 242.29

the next step is doing this for all rooms shown in sheet 1

Upvote 0
What does your current data look like in your worksheet? (How is the data entered into cells, e.g. what's in A1, B1, C1, D1, A2, B2, C2, etc.?) And why do you think SUMPRODUCT is needed?

I am trying to figure out the total for each Work Category example is (01.02 - GENERAL REQUIREMENTS) in order to do that
Each room has a specific cost for that Work Cat as seen above is the J column 2.20
Once you have the Work Cat unit cost then mulitply by the # of those rooms in the Sheet 1 G column in this case 1
Then mulitple by the corresponding room SF from Sheet 1 D since the first one in this series is 13 it would be 110

also see below

Upvote 0

also see below
im almost there... i was definilty overcomplicating things at first how do i combine these so that its ARRAY 1 X ARRAY 2 X ARRAY 3

Array 1 & 2
1671489974508.png

Array 3 with conditions
1671489994109.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back