Sun Dreamteam program

Puggwash

Board Regular
As I am running the Sun Dreamteam at work and have 25 different teams, is there a program that will work out how many points each team have once the points have been entered.
I have looked but cannot find anything, just wondering if someone out there has set one up that I can use.

Many Thanks
Pugg

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Im not sure if there is or not but you would need to expand more on your question a little?

Do you already have some kind of table set up on a worksheet? Perhaps we can help with formulas you need to work out calculations etc?

Upvote 0
I have thought about trying to make one which uses the point system set up by Sun Dreamteam. I dont think I am that experienced to do it, so I am looking on here for methods or answers.
Hope someone can help before the season starts as I will have to write loads of stuff out on paper first before I add to sheets.

Pugg

Upvote 0
detail what you want exactly on here, ill try help or at least get you started?

Would this help?

Upvote 0
Thanks for taking interest, here goes, hope it reads well.

I have 25 teams, of which consists of 11 players which workmates have chosen from the Sun Dreamteam list.
When the football starts and each team player plays, he will be awarded either of the following:

Awarded seven or more in Sun Sport's player ratings 3
Star Man in Sun Sport's player ratings 5
Goal Scored 5
Top in Position in News of the World Dream Team of the day 8
The remaining seven players in News of the World Dream Team of the day (not including Top in Position) 2
Scoring three or more goals per game 5
Clean Sheet (keeper/defender) 5
Clean Sheet (midfielder) 2
Conceded more than one goal (keeper/defender) -1 per goal
Penalty save (keeper) 3
Booking -1
Sent off -3 in total
Season's top individual points scorer bonus 20

Now I want to set up a program so that when I enter any of the above for each player it shows up who is 1st/2nd/3rd and so on.

Does this help.

Many Thanks
Pugg

Upvote 0
Puggwash,
It sounds to me as though a pivot table would help you summarize all the points for a given team.
Do you know about pivot tables?

Upvote 0
Sun Dreamteam Program

I have heard of them, not used though. Would need assistance in setting up if anyone is willing to help.

Many Thanks
Pugg

Upvote 0
Sun Dreamteam Program

ADAMC, it is something like that. I would need to be able to add the Dreamteam data points so that when a player scores or gets a 'Red' card, the points are either added or deducted and it will show hwo is 1st/2nd and so on.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back