Syntax Error

Damian37

Office Version
  1. 365
Hello All,
After creating code to copy my filtered data within my raw data tab, I realized there is a value coming back that I would like to exclude. I'm currently filtering on "High", "Moderate-High". HOwever I'm also retrieving the value "Moderate" alone. I'm trying to exclude it with the following code, but I'm receiving a syntax error. I've tried moving the "Criteria2" portion to different areas, but nothing has worked so far.

VBA Code:
Sub FilterMultipleCriteria()
'
 '   On Error Resume Next

' Filter by Multiple Criteria

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
  On Error Resume Next
  Sheets("Sheet1").Delete
  On Error GoTo 0
  Sheets.Add After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
  ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1"

Dim ws As Worksheet
    Dim FilterRange As Range
    Dim criteriaArray As Variant
    Dim CopyRange As Range
    Dim DestRange As Range
    Dim Cell As Range

Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Report Data")
    Set FilterRange = ws.Range("E1:EF" & ws.Cells(ws.Rows.Count, "E").End(xlUp).Row)
    Set CopyRange = FilterRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
    Set DestRange = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")

criteriaArray = Array("High", "Moderate-High")

With ws
        .AutoFilterMode = False

FilterRange.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=criteriaArray,  _
        Operator:=xlFilterValues,
        Criteria2:="<>*Moderate*"

End With

CopyRange.Copy DestRange

End Sub
Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

D

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Thank you. So is it column E or column F that you want the filter applied - or both? Also, your data only goes as far as column AO but your code specifies column EF - why is that?

Upvote 0
Thank you. So is it column E or column F that you want the filter applied - or both? Also, your data only goes as far as column AO but your code specifies column EF - why is that?
I guess I only added EF, because I'm not filtering any other columns. Could that be part of the reason it's not copying properly? I need the filters applied to both columns E and F. And right now, It's filtering, however, it's including a rating of Moderate, and I only want to bring back values that have ratings of High and Moderate-High. There shouldn't be any instances in which one column would be High and the other column be a value other than Moderate-High. So I just need the filtering to no longer include the rating Moderate.

Upvote 0
OK, we're getting there. Please clarify these 3 points:
1. What filter(s) do you want applied to column E
2. What filter(s) to you want applied to column F
3. What range (which columns) do you want copied into the newly created "Sheet1"

Upvote 0
OK, we're getting there. Please clarify these 3 points:
1. What filter(s) do you want applied to column E
2. What filter(s) to you want applied to column F
3. What range (which columns) do you want copied into the newly created "Sheet1"
Okay,
1. Filter rows in column E to only show High and Moderate-High ratings. Exclude Moderate, Low
2. Filter rows in column F to only show High and Moderate-High ratings. Exclude Moderate, Low
3. Copy the newly filtered data and have it saved onto Sheet1.

Bonus: The ability to run macro in Workbook as a template so the raw data within the "Report Data" tab can be pasted over and have the macro run again into an existing sheet that will have calculated columns that I will add after the macro runs successfully so these calculated columns will update within column AP-? every time the macro is run. Basically, not to have the new sheet deleted, so the new columns I create will still be there when I run the macro using new raw data. I hope I explained that well. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

D.

Upvote 0
1. Filter rows in column E to only show High and Moderate-High ratings. Exclude Moderate, Low
2. Filter rows in column F to only show High and Moderate-High ratings. Exclude Moderate, Low
You do realise that if you exclude Moderate from column E, you could be filtering out Moderate-High lines in column F? Look at row 81 of your sample data & you'll see what I mean.

Apologies about the "Bonus" part, I'm afraid I don't follow it at all. Let's get this first bit right to start with & we'll look at it afterwards.

Upvote 0
You do realise that if you exclude Moderate from column E, you could be filtering out Moderate-High lines in column F? Look at row 81 of your sample data & you'll see what I mean.

Apologies about the "Bonus" part, I'm afraid I don't follow it at all. Let's get this first bit right to start with & we'll look at it afterwards.
I see what you mean. Let me reach out to PM to let them know about this. It may be a case of as long as one of the columns has Moderate-High or High.

Upvote 0
The same in reverse, look at row 3. If moderate is excluded from Column F, you lose a Moderate-High in column E.

Upvote 0

My PM just let me know that it's fine if one of the columns contains a rating of Moderate as long as the other column has a rating of Moderate-High or High.

Upvote 0
OK, please try the following on a copy of your workbook. Please do not change, add to or delete any part of the code before you try it.
VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub FilterMultipleCriteria()
    Dim ws As Worksheet, r As Range, criteriaArray

'Add the new Sheet1
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    On Error Resume Next
    Sheets("Sheet1").Delete
    On Error GoTo 0
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    Sheets.Add After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
    ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1"

'Set the data range & criteria
    Set ws = Worksheets("Report Data")
    Set r = ws.Range("E1:AO" & ws.Cells(Rows.Count, "E").End(xlUp).Row)
    criteriaArray = Array("High", "Moderate-High")

'Filter & copy
    If ws.AutoFilterMode Then ws.AutoFilter.ShowAllData
    With r
        .AutoFilter 1, criteriaArray, 7
        If .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Address <> .Rows(1).Address Then
            .Copy Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")
        End If
    End With
    Worksheets("Sheet1").Columns("A:B").EntireColumn.AutoFit
    ws.AutoFilter.ShowAllData

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back