System Down ???

Sorry, I just meant that the fact Zbor is new isn't really relevant, in my opinion.

The rules at EF tend to be rigidly adhered to by most of the moderating team (past and present) although deleting threads is generally rare or used to be at any rate - some of the stuff going on recently has been ridiculous though.

In the interests of full disclosure, I should point out that I used to be a moderator there and am not particularly unbiased where EF is concerned. :)
Fair enough.

Thanks for the insight!

We now return this thread to its regularly scheduled topic! :)

Deleted...Rory said it all while I was typing

Last edited:
All I did was ANSWER the question. The mod didn't like the thread title so he keeps others from contributing possible solutions and deletes the reply that does answer the question?

Just to keep this thread off topic, I had something similar a couple of months ago. I posted a (complicated) VBA solution to a question. A mod deleted my answer and demanded that the OP change the thread title etc. I reposted my solution, also PM'd it to the OP, and got banned. I think that resulted in three contented people ;)

Just to keep this thread off topic, I had something similar a couple of months ago. I posted a (complicated) VBA solution to a question. A mod deleted my answer and demanded that the OP change the thread title etc. I reposted my solution, also PM'd it to the OP, and got banned. I think that resulted in three contented people ;)
Wow!

You're easy going and completely non-confrontational. So, if you got banned then that tells me all I need to know about EF.

That's draconian and it is strange that we have to use it in an open forum context.

I would stick to the off-topic discussion - it IS far more interesting than the original topic ;)

I would stick to the off-topic discussion - it IS far more interesting than the original topic ;)
I wouldn't the whole EF situation got a bit heated over there (and the interesting bits got removed).
I will just say that there are still varying opinions there but I am sure eventually it will settle down so that at least the moderating is consistent (but I am also sure it won't be to everyone's taste)

In the Intelligence community, if you even think you have been compromised, you have to assume that you have been compromised...and take the appropriate action.

Scotty did.

Period. End of story.

Bob

I generally don't post at EF because I don't like the mods aggression. It's not just draconian, some of the mods are outright rude.

I like this cartoon of Charley Kyd – Our founder? No way! That's our best customer!!

Does the moderators need to have the same point of view as to the contributors and customers of the forum?
Think so.

Then the expected mod’s response would be like this:
"Tony, I’m sorry for inconvenience, but your post has been deleted according to our rule #7.
Please avoid posting solutions till the title meets the rule #1 requirement.
I’ve sent you the copy of the deleted post via PM. Please repost it after OP will fix the title issue.
Thank you!"

Because customers are "property", moderators often consider as "humane treatment" that they would regard as torture if it were inflicted to them ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back