Table for Budget

mouseclick

Hi Guys,

Hi guys,

I'm in need of desperate help. I'm trying to allocate our suppliers cost over 12 months. To do this I need a table ranging from jan to dec.

My question is, how do I intelligently create a chart and then allocated the cost accordingly. Problem is, my list extends to eternity and I cant draw a table manually for each one

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
To begin with, we need you to provide more data. You should create a simple, short example of what you need, including headers and sample data. There, you should point out what you expect the final results to be. With your help as indicated, I'm sure you will find folk here who will be willing to help you.

Upvote 0
Hi Mouseclick, before starting to look at this and to give a better understanding of what would be needed can you please provide some more information :

Data that you currently have i.e is it in Excel, if so are there columns for supplier, cost, date of cost (invoice data, purchase order?) also are suppliers in the list once or multiple occurances.

I also assume that although you have said create a chart I assume you mean a table.

Upvote 0
Sorry guys for the lack of info.

All I really have is a pivot table with a Cost Center, Vendor, Account and a Subtotal. My boss told me he wants to have an overview with all the data condensed into a table ranging from Jan to dec.

All I need now is a nice overview for each Account, Cost Center, Vendor, and Account. The table would have the headers ranging from
January 07 to December 07, with the Subtotal cost divided by a year (12 Months).

The only problem as stated before, is that I an incredible amount of data, so far I've been doing it manually, but I guess there must be a more efficient way.

Again I appreciate you guys coming back to me.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Let's get started:

So far, the only information that I can relate to in what you have provided is,
The table would have the headers ranging from
January 07 to December 07, with the Subtotal cost divided by a year (12 Months).
Well, assuming you have all the Subtotal costs in column N, in the range M3:M2000, and you want to distribute that amount into the 12 months, in equal amounts, and assuming your month headers, Jan-Dec, are in cells B2-M2, in cell B3, enter, =$M3/12 and copy to the range B3:M2000.
Done! Does this meet your needs? If not, give us some more explanations.

Upvote 0
Hi RalphA,

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it .Yeah the formula does help, but I think the real problem is just arranging the whole data. Its hard for me to explain without posting the info I have on hand. I have posted the info on another site, if you got the time please check it out the link.

Anyway I wish you an nice and relaxing weekend, and I'll give it another try on Monday.

Regards

[/url]http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=608494

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back