Taking Specific Cells in a Variable Range of Rows and Inserting those Cells in a Different Worksheet

alinden

I am trying to solve an issue which I am struggling with greatly, and any help on it would be very much appreciated. I will try to break the issue out into steps in hope that it might be helpful.

I have sheet1 that already contains information and sheet2 with information that I want to insert into specific columns that are different between the sheets.

1) The range of the information that I want to collect will vary but will start in worksheet2 2 Rows below a cell in Column A containing the text "Summary of Uncorrected Misstatements", and finish at the following blank cell in column A.

2) Once I have that count I then want to insert that many rows into worksheet1 above row 10 in worksheet1.

3) I then want to take column A from where the count was started (2 cells below "Summary of Uncorrected Misstatements") Copy it until the end of the count (first blank cell in column A after the start of count) and then paste that selection into worksheet1 in column C starting at the new row 10.

4) I then want to do this for:
- column F from worksheet2 to column A of worksheet1
- column G from worksheet2 to column L of worksheet1
- column H from worksheet2 to column B of worksheet1
- column I from worksheet2 to column Q of worksheet1
- column J from worksheet2 to column D of worksheet1

5) In worksheet2 columns F, G, H, I, and J could contain blanks therefore I would want to reference the size to take from column A so the blanks would also be copied over for columns F, G, H, I, and J.

Note:
* If getting a count from sheet2 and then inserting that many blank rows into sheet1 is not the best approach let me know and I will be happy to learn what is.
* Any thoughts or opinions on how I should approach this differently please don't hesitate to let me know.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back