Text is bold on some worksheet name tabs

ollyhughes1982

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi,

Re the below image, I am getting some tabs in my worksheet with bold text. I haven't done this intentionally and am unable to change it. Is there way to resolve this, please?

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 23.59.17.png

(As you can see, some have bold, some don't)

Thanks in advance!

Olly.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
When you select a tab or multiple tabs the font on the tab name appears bold. I'm assuming that you simply have those tabs selected?

Upvote 0
When you select a tab or multiple tabs the font on the tab name appears bold. I'm assuming that you simply have those tabs selected?
No, those tabs aren’t selected. It’s strange. I tried copying one of them, and when I did the font returned go non-bold but the new copied one took on the bold of the original. I’ve tried various things like changing the name or removing the tab colour etc and nothing seems to work

Very strange!

Upvote 0
Can you provide a small sample workbook, no sensitive data, that has some of these bold text tabs via DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive etc and post a link here so we can take a look?

Upvote 0
Hi. Apologies, I have now resolved this strange issue. I made a copy of the file and deleted the original and have now switched to that one and the bold fonts have disappeared! Very odd. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back