textjoin and filter in VBA

MMM_84

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,
What would be the vba code for nested textjoin and filter function to return values into another workbook (not worksheet)? I'd like to assign the macro to "Update" button...
=TEXTJOIN(CHAR(10),TRUE,FILTER($A$2:$A$6&CHAR(10)&$C$2:$C$6&CHAR(10)&$D$2:$D$6,$E$2:$E$6&$B$2:$B$6=$C22&E$21,""))

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
VBA Code:
Sub ConcatenateAndFilter()
    Dim sourceWorkbook As Workbook
    Dim sourceWorksheet As Worksheet
    Dim targetWorksheet As Worksheet
    Dim lastRow As Long
    Dim result As String
    Dim i As Long

' Set the source workbook and worksheets
    Set sourceWorkbook = Workbooks("Workbook1.xlsx") ' Change the filename as needed
    Set sourceWorksheet = sourceWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1") ' Change the sheet name as needed
    Set targetWorksheet = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1") ' Change the sheet name in this workbook as needed

lastRow = sourceWorksheet.Cells(sourceWorksheet.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

result = ""

For i = 2 To lastRow
        If sourceWorksheet.Cells(i, 5).Value & sourceWorksheet.Cells(i, 2).Value = targetWorksheet.Range("C22").Value & targetWorksheet.Range("E21").Value Then
            result = result & sourceWorksheet.Cells(i, 1).Value & vbNewLine & sourceWorksheet.Cells(i, 3).Value & vbNewLine & sourceWorksheet.Cells(i, 4).Value & vbNewLine
        End If
    Next i

result = Left(result, Len(result) - 1)

' Display the result in a message box in Workbook 2
    MsgBox result
End Sub

Upvote 0
In this code, we explicitly set the source workbook and worksheets using the Workbooks and Sheets objects. Make sure to change "Workbook1.xlsx" to the actual filename of Workbook 1 and adjust the sheet names as needed.

You can then run this macro from Workbook 2, Sheet 1 to perform the filtering and concatenation operation on data from Workbook 1, Sheet 1.

Upvote 0
In this code, we explicitly set the source workbook and worksheets using the Workbooks and Sheets objects. Make sure to change "Workbook1.xlsx" to the actual filename of Workbook 1 and adjust the sheet names as needed.

You can then run this macro from Workbook 2, Sheet 1 to perform the filtering and concatenation operation on data from Workbook 1, Sheet 1.
that works perfectly as a message box, what I need is to have a result in a specific cell

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sktz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back