The best way to enter, display & edit data in worksheet.

AndyEd

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Sorry, it's a bit of a generic question. I have a workbook (link attached) where I'd like users to be able to enter and update information data via some type of form. In the linked spreadsheet I've created a UserForm to display each record (row of data) which is indicative of the information contained in each record.

Ideally I would be looking at the user being able to enter the initial elements of a record, then having the ability to view/ scroll through individual records, with the ability to filter to particular records, for example based on date of creation, or where blank fields exist, so the user can prioritise tasks associated with each record.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a way of doing what I want to achieve above? Would a UserForm be the best option or would Active X input be a better option, or other option. I'm not looking for someone to create it, just ideas on the best way to achieve what I want. The spreadsheet could hold hundreds of records so maintaining it could be very cumbersome via the raw table.

Example workbook

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back