collating rosters

gint32

Board Regular
User

I have an Excel spreadsheet that has contains my employers staffrosters, there is one duplicate spreadsheet for each of the many work locations throughout the country, how could I best collate all the data and rosters for each site so I could then effectively manage rosters throughout moving staff where necessary to ensure safe staffing levels across the all the locations, so in essence what would be the best way to approach this? meaning ..My initial thoughts are should I create a Master sheet linking to the DataSource's (sounds cumbersome though) of each spreadsheet (which stay on a document server) or just migrate all the rostered data onto a server and storing all data on something like SQL Server or what do you suggest! would be the most proficient approach, I already began writing VBA to collate the data from each into the one sheet, but then I thought I'd better get some more opinions before getting into the nitty gritty.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
User

I have an Excel spreadsheet that has contains my employers staffrosters, there is one duplicate spreadsheet for each of the many work locations throughout the country, how could I best collate all the data and rosters for each site so I could then effectively manage rosters throughout moving staff where necessary to ensure safe staffing levels across the all the locations, so in essence what would be the best way to approach this? meaning ..My initial thoughts are should I create a Master sheet linking to the DataSource's (sounds cumbersome though) of each spreadsheet (which stay on a document server) or just migrate all the rostered data onto a server and storing all data on something like SQL Server or what do you suggest! would be the most proficient approach, I already began writing VBA to collate the data from each into the one sheet, but then I thought I'd better get some more opinions before getting into the nitty gritty.
Ok, so sorry to bother everyone with this question, I guess it must be to much of a tough or open question. I dont see anywhere a button to delete this post so Admin could you please delete this post, so as I can post elsewhere thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doanvanhieu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back