The parameter is incorrect system error message

sitewolf

1574956150384.png

Lately, I think after an Office 365 update (but I've reinstalled since then and this is happening on my other puter, too) I've had issues....and not always the same ones, and in various spreadsheets (tho I think all are xlsm)
The above is what I'm now getting when trying to run a simple macro in one particular file, a file I had no previous issue with and a macro I've run many times for years.

Prior to that, I'd sometimes get errors in other spreads when trying to run macros (going into VB would show it stopped on something like a query refresh)
Prior to that, I'd even have issues (which still pops up on occasion) where I'd get a 'can't find project or library' error...and macros still in VB wouldn't even show up in the macro list..............which I just noticed is true with this current error as well.

It's driving me bananas.....and I don't even like bananas.

I don't know if this is the proper place for the question, but I didn't know where else. Given I'm not running into this with ALL macro-enabled files, and up to this point some I've had the issue with 'correct' themselves, and this is happening on more than one puter (but NOT on an old puter running an older Excel but still Windows 10) it has me frazzled. Maybe something on my main puter is causing some corruption and that's why I run into it on my other puter, I don't know. Can anyone point me to possible fixes?

Form controls are not ActiveX, but (confusingly) MSForms ones are. If you have to enter design mode to edit them, then they are activex.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
It doesn't help the OP, but we use an Excel based template to create about 2,000 files. However, just a handful throw up similar errors, and going into the VBA just displays blank forms and no code. The code isn't missing - as they aren't editable in any way - the VBA screens just appear to hang before they display the code.

Upvote 0
For those who have a Logitech keyboard, pressing the fn key and the Esc key may toggle the functionality of the function keys (it does on mine).
I have a logitech mouse. I tried for a couple of hours to fix this issue. And then i read your comment about pressing ESC and FN, and I no longer get the error message!
Belated thanks.

Upvote 0
It doesn't help the OP, but we use an Excel based template to create about 2,000 files. However, just a handful throw up similar errors, and going into the VBA just displays blank forms and no code. The code isn't missing - as they aren't editable in any way - the VBA screens just appear to hang before they display the code.
Did this issue get resolved? I'm running into this problem and not sure where to look for the code.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back