The Presky @ Symbol

excelbytes

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I received a file from a client claiming that his formula was not working. He is using Office Professional Plus 2019. I am using Microsoft 365. His formula is:

=IFERROR(@INDEX('Monthly Meters Printable'!$C$68:$C$85,SMALL(IF(@'Monthly Meters Printable'!$D$68:$D$85='Monthly Meters Printable'!$G$1,@ROW('Monthly Meters Printable'!$C$68:$C$85)),@ROW('Monthly Meters Printable'!1:1))-67,1),"")

No results appear. When I remove the "@" symbols it works:

=IFERROR(INDEX('Monthly Meters Printable'!$C$68:$C$85,SMALL(IF('Monthly Meters Printable'!$D$68:$D$85='Monthly Meters Printable'!$G$1,ROW('Monthly Meters Printable'!$C$68:$C$85)),ROW('Monthly Meters Printable'!1:1))-67,1),"")

I am certain he didn't manually insert them. What causes those to appear and how do we stop it?

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
They will only appear in your version of 365, not in 2019.
That said the formula should be confirmed with Ctrl Shift Enter, rather than just enter

Upvote 0
They will only appear in your version of 365, not in 2019.
That said the formula should be confirmed with Ctrl Shift Enter, rather than just enter
OK, but why will they appear in my file and the formula only work in my file when I remove them? Does it have something to do with the fact that 365 doesn't require CSE to enter array formulas?

Upvote 0
Does it have something to do with the fact that 365 doesn't require CSE to enter array formulas?
Yes, see the link below, but if you do a search on "Implicit intersection operator breaks my formula" you'll find plenty of instances when it does cause issues (and for various reasons)

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back