Manny74

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello All,

From Microsoft Teams, I was able to click on Totals to get total regular hours worked by my RNs, LPNs & MAs.

But how would I get a grand total?

Ideally, I want to be able to add, total REG + total OVT, to get 1735 in the TOTAL HOURS column....Unless there is another way of doing this?

IDMONTHACCOUNT NUMBERUNIT NAMEROLEREGOVTTOTAL HOURS (REG + OVT)
102021​
999999​
10 EASTRN100020
102021​
999999​
10 EASTLPN25010
102021​
999999​
10 EASTMA4505
102021​
999999​
10 EAST
TOTAL170035

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
37 views and no answers - might be because we've no idea what we're looking at (table, query, form). Probably not a spreadsheet since this is posted in Access forum.
One solution might be to put the Reg and ovt hours in each row and do the sum on that column, same as the sum at the bottom of the other 2 columns. That would mean creating a calculated query field (if that's a query) such as TotalHrs: [REG]+[OVT]
I usually don't use sum feature of a query datasheet, but that might be another option but you'd need the values in the rows in the last column.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback Micron.
Yes this is a query from Microsoft Access.
I added a sum for REG column and got a total of 1700, then a sum for OVT and got 35....But would like the sum of 1700 and 35 (1735), but I can't figure out how to sum two columns....

Upvote 0
One solution might be to put the Reg and ovt hours in each row and do the sum on that column, same as the sum at the bottom of the other 2 columns.
That could have been written more clearly. I meant to try putting the sum of reg and ovt in the last column in order to get a total at the bottom of the last column.
If that doesn't work, a form or report should be able to handle it. Queries are limited in what they can do in terms of displaying totals, and they are primarily meant to provide records to forms and reports, not records directly to users.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexlomt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back