This is an Excel to Access porting issue - Is it possible to convert an Excel VBA FIND method to work correctly in and with Access's VBA ?

chazrab

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Excel's VBA FIND method easily finds multiple records and copies them to another sheet. However, for me, trying to use this same code to do the
same thing with Acess's VBA code and a table is a different story. I know there is a difference between a sheet and an Access db table. And I know
won't recognize some oof the following code lines
I'm sure there has to be many cases where an Excel sheet gets so large that it facilitates porting the Excel application to Access's database based application

Such is my case. The main data Sheet has 31.103 rows and Excel stops responding at times. This is unacceptable for me. It has to work right every time.
Please take a look at this FIND method. Granted, it's long, but I' d really appreciate somone's help in moving this to Access.
I am not having any luck with trying to do the same thing with an Access Query. (The SQL copy Query to Table solution causes multiple conflicts and seems inefficient)
Code:
CORRECT EXCEL VBA FIND CODE
Private Sub cmdFIND_Click()
Sheets("MAINARES2").UsedRange.ClearContents
Dim lastrow, lastrow2 As Integer, X As String, c As Range, rw As Long, firstAddress As Variant, rowno As Variant, RownoA As Variant
X = MAINWINDOW2.TextBox11.Value
With Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("E1:E31103")
Set c = .FIND(X, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)
If Not c Is Nothing Then
rw = 1
firstAddress = c.Address
Do
Worksheets("Sheet2").Select
c.Select
Range(Cells(c.Row, 2), Cells(c.Row, 7)).Copy Destination:=Sheets("MAINARES2").Range("B" & rw)
rw = rw + 1
Set c = .FindNext(c)
Loop While Not c Is Nothing And c.Address <> firstAddress
lastrow = Sheets("MAINARES2").Range("B" & rows.count).End(xlUp).Row
If lastrow = 1 Then
Range(Cells(c.Row + 7, 2), Cells(c.Row, 7)).Copy Destination:=Sheets("MAINARES2").Range("B" & rw)
Else
End If
Else
MsgBox "value not found"
End If
End With
rowno = Sheets("MAINARES2").Range("B2").End(xlDown).Row
Sheets("MAINARES2").Range("H1").Value = rowno 'total rows found in search
Sheets("MAINARES2").Range("I1").Value = X 'value to find, i.e.,, "last days"
End Sub

I apoligize for a lengthy post - I don't like them - but I cannot explain my dilemma and have people understand with less words and code.
If anyone with both Excel and Access  build experience could help me, I'd really appreciate it vey much.

cr

Yes ;) You can just copy the URL and click the link icon to insert into some text - something like:

Refer here for some background.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back