time sheet problem

Chavira55

Board Regular
Short history: I have a business that is open 24-7. My schedule budget cuts off at 5pm everyday, anyone that works past 5pm, their time will add for tomorrow and again cut off at 5pm. So if x works 3pm to 11pm, 2 hrs go in today and 6 go for tomorrow. I have the following to figure out time,=H5+(H5<G5)-G5,
but can not figure how to put in the cut off time and add the remainder hours for next day. cell format is h:mm.
any ideas?

formula is not coming up on top, here it is again =H5+(H5<G5)-G5
This message was edited by Chavira55 on 2002-11-01 01:04

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
On 2002-11-01 01:02, Chavira55 wrote:
Short history: I have a business that is open 24-7. My schedule budget cuts off at 5pm everyday, anyone that works past 5pm, their time will add for tomorrow and again cut off at 5pm. So if x works 3pm to 11pm, 2 hrs go in today and 6 go for tomorrow. I have the following to figure out time,=H5+(H5<G5)-G5,
but can not figure how to put in the cut off time and add the remainder hours for next day. cell format is h:mm.
any ideas?

formula is not coming up on top, here it is again =H5+(H5<G5)-G5
This message was edited by Chavira55 on 2002-11-01 01:04
It would be of help if you could post your data setup, how and where do you enter dates and hours? and so on.

Eli

Upvote 0
cell a1 in time (format H,MM)8 am, cell a2 out time (same format) cell a3 figures out the diff between them (since it has to multiply by a wage, it is a decimal format
multiplied by 24). the wage is figured and the hours are added for the week. My problem comes in when someone that works wednesday night gets figured in on wednesday budget, which actually should be thursday because it is after 5 pm.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back