Timesheet

sGraham24

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2011
Platform
  1. Windows
I need a way to review timecards and where the hours are being charged. I have an excel sheet that lists: fname, lname, local_date, hours, jobcode_1, jobcode_2, jobcode_3, jobcode_4, jobcode_5, and service Item. These are all dynamic.

I need to be able to sort this sheet and report who worked how many hours per each job_code. How would I do this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-15 112624.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-15 112624.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 5

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I need a way to review timecards and where the hours are being charged. I have an excel sheet that lists: fname, lname, local_date, hours, jobcode_1, jobcode_2, jobcode_3, jobcode_4, jobcode_5, and service Item. These are all dynamic.

I need to be able to sort this sheet and report who worked how many hours per each job_code. How would I do this?

Why not create an autofilter for each of the desired columns?

Upvote 0
Why not create an autofilter for each of the desired columns?

Well, after I accomplish this first task, I now need to compare it to "buckets" of hours to make sure the employees are charging to the correct place and there are enough hours left in that "bucket". I am not sure filters will work long term.

Upvote 0
Well, after I accomplish this first task, I now need to compare it to "buckets" of hours to make sure the employees are charging to the correct place and there are enough hours left in that "bucket". I am not sure filters will work long term.

You will need to provide more clarification. What does "buckets" mean? There is nothing in your screenshot explaining what that is. You would be better off if you uploaded the Excel workbook in question rather than posting screenshots.

Upvote 0
You will need to provide more clarification. What does "buckets" mean? There is nothing in your screenshot explaining what that is. You would be better off if you uploaded the Excel workbook in question rather than posting screenshots.
By buckets I mean there is another sheet that has the "bucket" of hours, or the number of hours left in the program. I need to compare the worked hours to the number of hours left in the program, so we do not charge too much.

Upvote 0
You have not provided enough details for people to give you a clear cut answer. As I said before, upload a copy of your workbook to the thread or you can use XL2BB so we can see how your spreadsheet is setup.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enero1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back