Timing of invoicing and cashflow with fixed (but also potentially variable) length of jobs and periods b/w jobs

matthewlmcdonald

I'm looking for a formula(s) to forecast both invoice and cashflow timing under the following circumstances:
  1. Commencement of forecast period = Day 1
  2. Average job length = 50 days
  3. Average period between jobs = 12 days
  4. Average job value = $150K
  5. There is an average GP% of 30% on each job, the supplier invoices for which are received and paid within 7 days from commencement of the job;
  6. Job is invoiced 50% at commencement (i.e. Day 1), with final 50% invoiced at job completion (i.e. Day 50);
  7. First invoice is paid on average 12 days after issue, while the second invoice is paid on average 50 days after it being issued;
  8. I want to have the capacity to alter one or more variables, such that overall timing of invoicing and cashflow "re-calibrates" according to the changes I make to the variables;
  9. While I'd like t track he exact days for each job, I'm preparing a monthly P&L and cashflow budget, so the timing each invoice and cash receipt us fall within a month;
  10. The main variation in variables is likely be the start, as I have actual values and timing of jobs within current pipeline. However, beyond this, I'll be reliant on average forecast variables, per above
  11. I'd like to be able to forecast monthly P&L and cashflows based on above.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I apologise in advance if I've structured this post incorrectly.

Thanks in advance.
Mat

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back