Tiny ring cannot be removed

Curious4more

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Guys,
This could be an easy one for you more experienced but for me is becoming a nightmare right now. I've just pulled a report from SAP and one of the columns which supposed to store numbers have a tiny ring in each cell somewhere above between the last two digits. I did manage to convert it to value but still having the tiny ring above and functions like VLOOKUP of course do not work.
Anyone could help me out with a quick fix?

1595174527072.png

Thanks for that. So now I have unicode no. 3328. Sorry to be a pain but how can I replace it? because View attachment 185573328 do not work for me in the find field.
Not sure it this will work or not, but try this. Select a cell with that symbol in it. Go into the Formula Bar and select that single character, Press CTRL+C to copy it into the Windows Clipboard. Press Esc to get out of edit mode. Select the column, call up the Replace dialog box and put that symbol into the Find What field by pressing CTRL+V. Proceed with the rest of the dialog as you already know how to.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Thanks sandy666 I'm afraid I cannot share it as it is a sort of sensitive company stuff. And as you've probably noticed I'm kind of a newbie but later I'll definitely take a look to XL2BB because I'm curious.
you can share workbook with this column only or XL2BB
will be much faster and easier than guessing what will be if will be

Upvote 0
I think I've done it with this function: =VALUE(LEFT(A2;LEN(A2)-1))
Thank you ALL for your valuable posts. I've already learned a lot from you guys. Much appreciated.

Attachments

• 1595182213307.png
    1595182213307.png
    945 bytes · Views: 2
Upvote 0
Not sure it this will work or not, but try this. Select a cell with that symbol in it. Go into the Formula Bar and select that single character, Press CTRL+C to copy it into the Windows Clipboard. Press Esc to get out of edit mode. Select the column, call up the Replace dialog box and put that symbol into the Find What field by pressing CTRL+V. Proceed with the rest of the dialog as you already know how to.
Thank you Rick, I'm done now, but no I wasn't able to take that one character only and copy.

Upvote 0
I've had similar problems with garbage output when the SAP output processor mis-translates special characters in the SAP source data. This usually resulted when someone copies and pastes online data containing things like a copyright symbol into a SAP field. In your case, it looks like Excel interprets the output as a degree symbol or ASCII U_00B0. Check your fields in the original SAP data for special characters. It's been several years, but as I recall the solution was to translate everything to UNICODE, search for the offending string and replace all with nulls.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back