Tooltip Help - Two Visuals in Tooltip - Need Them To Filter Separately When Source Visual is Hovered

lager1001

Board Regular
My source page has a line chart.

My tool tip has another line chart as well as a small, two column matrix.

While the line chart in the tooltip is fine, the matrix is not filtering down to whichever month data point I hover over on the main source page visual.

If I apply "Keep All Filters" then the matrix filters fine but then the line chart in the tool tip filters to the one month.

I want both scenarios in one tooltip and figured I could achieve it with some creative use of measures but not having any luck.

The tooltip line chart has 3 quarters of data points with the months displayed on the bottom axis. I want this 3 quarter/month layout to remain constant. But when I hover over any particular month on the source visual I want the matrix visual values to calculate to that specific month (currently it shows the total of all months).

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Complicated. I couldn’t help without seeing it all. You need to understand the filter context being passed to the tool tip, and then understand how that needs to change btwn the line chart and the matrix. You should be able to write measures for the matrix to do what you want, but it depends on what you are doing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back