Topaz Electronic Signature VBA Code

OKCIrish

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Hello,

I have an electronic signature pad and need some help writing a VBA code. The purpose of this code would be once the from control "button" is pushed is brings up the Topaz1: Sign Doc (name of add in; location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\Library\Topaz.xlam), adjust the height (.75) and width (3.6) of the signature and insert it into a specific cell, starting at A28. Any help would be appreciated.

Capture.PNG

DRILCO DP Report V5.3 - JSA Update.xlsb
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
26Attendees
JSA

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
per the Topaz documentation the signature will be placed in the currently selected cell.

So, you may want to precede opening the signature pad with code that selects the cell where you want the signature.

The process would
  • select a cell
  • open the Topaz signature pad and sign
  • click Done on the signature pad
I would expect to see the signature in the worksheet that you selected.

Have you tried this? What happened?

I did not load the .xlam file to test this. Just going by the Topaz.pdf documentation

It looks like the Cells you had selected when you took a snapshot of the Topaz GUI was A1:W294 (that is a huge area). What happens when you have one selected cell like B28 when you open Topaz?

Upvote 0
per the Topaz documentation the signature will be placed in the currently selected cell.

So, you may want to precede opening the signature pad with code that selects the cell where you want the signature.

The process would
  • select a cell
  • open the Topaz signature pad and sign
  • click Done on the signature pad
I would expect to see the signature in the worksheet that you selected.

Have you tried this? What happened?

I did not load the .xlam file to test this. Just going by the Topaz.pdf documentation

It looks like the Cells you had selected when you took a snapshot of the Topaz GUI was A1:W294 (that is a huge area). What happens when you have one selected cell like B28 when you open Topaz?
After thinking about it, your process would be correct, however I get stuck on where to start in VBA code/MACRO. I've tried recording the macro to do those functions, but it doesn't take any of my actions. In the Topaz GUI pic thats how big my active work sheet is, it doesn't highlight the single cell I have selected. I have attached a pic of how the signatures appear in the work sheet.

I think the easier option since I don't think the code can change the parameters in the add-in would be have to be to select developer mode and then resize the signature.

So the MACRO/VBA code would do the following in order
1. Select cell A28
2. Open Topaz add in
3. Wait for person to sign and hit done
4. Once signature is placed on work sheet, select validate signature.
5. Once validation is complete, person hits OK on prompt, then resize the signature.

Is this possible?

Attachments

• Add-Ins.PNG
    Add-Ins.PNG
    7.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Valid Signature.PNG
    Valid Signature.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PatrickL

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back