Tracking calendar

landshark22

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a calendar that has a color-coded tracking system on the top and a spot for names on the left. The Top rows (A10- AX10) and the left columns A79-C70 are locked in position. The row beneath the total number tracked (D10-AX10) has a date row that changes based on "todays date" which is linked to (A5).

What I want is for the cells that contain the tracking code and color to delete when the cells change and shift all the data to the left when the date changes.

Cells D10 -AX10 have the dates that shift left every day.

Cells D-AX 11- D-AX 79 have the code. I want these cells to delete, and shift left with the date.

There is a formula that deletes the data in cells D11-79 (that has to be checked to be used correct?) but there isnt any formula for cells to shift data to the left or shift with the dates, which is what im looking for.

Attachments

• calendar.PNG
    calendar.PNG
    32.7 KB · Views: 10

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
I'm sure the forum would like to try to solve your question. But, I think many of us (I know I am) are reluctant to recreate your scenario from scratch.

Not just because it is much work, but the forum can make errors in data and other assumption that will lead to bad answers... formulas that don't work or worse formulas that work but give the wrong answer.

Mr Excel has a tool, xl2bb add in (link below) that allows you to copy portions of your worksheet(s). If the range is too big to make one paste you can post multiple portions. If you cannot (for work IT reasons) install the add in, then please post your data a table. Describe your formulas that are in any cells.

And in either case, a manually created description/sheet/table of expected results will go along way to getting a solution for you.

Thanks in advance, and best wishes.

Upvote 0
I added the add in but it doesn't appear in excel. I saved a portion of the excel document. Is there a way to upload it?

Upvote 0
you can post to any reputable file sharing location like dropbox.

Upvote 0
I was able to down load this as excel.

So, what you're asking is to delete column D from row 10 to the bottom every day?
This seems to me to need a vba solution and not a formula solution. Unless you have the data stored elsewhere in the workbook. But, I don't see that.

Upvote 0
I was able to down load this as excel.

So, what you're asking is to delete column D from row 10 to the bottom every day?
This seems to me to need a vba solution and not a formula solution. Unless you have the data stored elsewhere in the workbook. But, I don't see that.
Yes, I want Cells D10 and below to disappear/delete daily and the rest of the cells to shift to the left so all the data shifts with the dates. I have been looking into VBA but I cant find anything specific enough to copy and paste and I cant seem to figure it out myself.

Upvote 0
One of the things I learned about excel is that for big workbooks data and results are best kept separate.
You have data and result somewhat combined here. And you are losing your history of prior days (if you're okay with that).
why not have one workbook where you record all of your data, and another that displays what you want to see each new day?

Upvote 0
One of the things I learned about excel is that for big workbooks data and results are best kept separate.
You have data and result somewhat combined here. And you are losing your history of prior days (if you're okay with that).
why not have one workbook where you record all of your data, and another that displays what you want to see each new day?
Im not opposed to that however, I have no idea how to do that. I have very fundamental knowledge of formulas and zero VBA.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chestertim

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back