TransferSpreadsheet issue (Save As)

ivan_fuzz

Board Regular
Currently I use 'OutputTo' to export out queries to Excel, but I seem to have hit a row limitaion because this one query has 25K rows and Access won't export it. (Error: There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access).

Now, within my macro, the 'Output Format' section lists the basic Microsoft Excel (*.xls), which I want, but when I select it, Access changes it to Microsoft Excel 5-7 (*.xls). I think this is what's causing the problem but I don't know how to get around it.

So now I'm thinking of using the TransferSpreadsheet instead, but the users of this need to be able to save these queries to different locations so....Is there a way to have transferspreadsheet pull a 'save as' window instead of just saving it to the same location everytime?

Thanks.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I think you may have better luck posting this question in the Access forum.

Greg Truby

MrExcel MVP
The office library offers the FILEDIALOG object. Take a look at that in the Access VBE/Object Browser & help. You can use that to have the user return a file name to use for the export.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marypolitan