Trouble with Excel cutting off Data in a CSV file

danselec07

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I use a csv format file for a quality control or QC Report. 2 of the columns are cutting off the data. 1 of them is cutting off at the 100ths position behind the decimal- this I have been able to work around by selecting the column and adding a digit behind the decimal, not the end of the world. I can adjust my macro to include this step. Now for the other column, it is all text I have the column set to wrap text and that doesn't seem to make a difference as the information is not actually coming into the csv any more. I have tried to just manually adjust the column width but that doesn't work as the data is missing all together. This is a new problem that everyone on my team is experiencing all of the sudden. Has Excel made some sort of Update of change? We need this data to show up.
I will add that this data starts as a TXT file and we convert it to a CSV to perform the formatting edits and then Save a copy as a PDF for the office to read/check. This is how we have been doing it for years with no issues until recently.
Can anyone shed some light on what is happening?
Thanks

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Can I ask a question ... why are you using CSV as an output format?

Upvote 0
Can you provide an example of at least one Excel Record that is causing the problem? Several records (rows of data) would be very helpful.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doanvanhieu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back