Trying to add an extra Principal Payment to an existing Loan amortization Sheet?

Wheelman666

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I DL a Mortgage Template from the Store, and it works for me, mostly. What i am trying to do is on 1st TAB add a box for an additional Principal Only Payment
add into the both the Monthly P&I Payment and into the Total Monthly Payment. Then in the amortization Table make sure that amount is added to the Principal portion of the payment only.
Finally of course, have the balance end up correct but subtracting the Full Principal payment.
I think i have the 1st Tab done correctly, but when i go into the table, that's where it goes wrong.
I believe i correctly changed the formula in Column F, so that it adds the additional Principal Payment, and it is adding it to the Total payment in Column I, but the balance is incorrect.
and i am not sure its deducting the Total Principal payment (including the extra) so that it refigures the Interest on the remaining balance the next month.

So Help??
#payment
date
opening
balance
interestprincipalproperty
tax
total
payments
closing
balance
#
remaining
15/6/2020$130,000$339$1,218$549$2,106$128,782115
26/6/2020$128,782$333$1,217$549$2,099$127,565114
Formula under principal: =IFERROR(IF(AND(ValuesEntered,[@[paymentdate]]<>""),-PPMT(InterestRate/12,1,DurationOfLoan-ROWS($C$4:C4)+1,[@[openingbalance]])+'Mortgage Calculator'!$E$9,""),0)
Formula under Total Payment: =IF([@[paymentdate]]="",0,[@interest]+[@principal]+[@[propertytax]])
Formula under Closing Balance: =IF([@[paymentdate]]="",0,[@[openingbalance]]-[@principal])

I assuming looking at that the last 2 cell are not adding in the Cell from Tab1, Morgage Calculator E9 but how do i fix that?

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
After plying with it some more, i think i actually do have it correct. can someone check my work to make i did do this correctly?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back