Trying to combine two spreadsheets, not sure how

brianb1980

Okay, here’s my problem. I’ve got a spreadsheet that I built a couple years ago to help me estimate gas loss from pipeline blow-down situations, which are everyday occurrences. On this particular spreadsheet, I have a pull-down menu for all the locations that can be blown down. I select a location, enter a few variables such as starting and ending pressures, temperature, etc. Then, it gives me a value in Mcf (thousand cubic feet). In the examples I’m showing below, I’m dealing with pig trap blow-downs. This works perfectly for me on a single blow-down basis, but when I have multiple blow-downs to figure, which happens daily, I have to do each one individually.
<o:p></o:p>
I have another spreadsheet where I then input all the information from each blow-down and I have it doing some very simple calculations, such as adding up how many pigs we ran, how much gas was lost, how much water was pigged out of the lines, etc. This is a good way to keep track of everything all in one place, and I’m able to track an entire year in each workbook. I have tabs named JAN, FEB, MAR and so on, and then one called YTD for all the cumulative calculations so we can see where we stand at the end of the year.
So what I’m looking to do is combine the spreadsheets into one. Usually, spreadsheet building is something I tend to not have many problems with. This, however, is proving to be a task for me. Mainly because the workbook I use to do the gas loss calculations has a separate worksheet where the calculations are done behind the scenes. And those calculations take up quite a bit of real-estate. So, I just can’t figure out how to make this work. I’m not sure if it’s going to require VBA to make it work, or if it can be done with formulas.<o:p></o:p>
I hope my problem is making sense. If not, and anyone needs further clarification, please ask and I’ll do what I can.

Sorry, I had screen shots but since I don't have them saved as URLs anywhere, I had no way to post them... as far as I know.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back