Trying to determine if something is possible.

L

Legacy 352679

G'day everyone,

I am trying to come up with an elegant solution for a scheduler, but I feel like I want it to achieve one too many things and I am not too sure whether what I want is actually possible. To be honest after trying to write this I don't even know if I know what I want it to achieve. Currently I have a calendar for 2024 separated by different tabs for each month. What I want to achieve is the following:

I want to create a new tab separate from the months, and have it as a master data entry tab, that has several drop down menus that will affect the dates in different months.
These menus would include the vessel name, the incompatible operations that are happening, the berth number (i.e. 1 - 8) and the date and time it is occurring (i.e. 23 March 1030 - 1200)
I want this data to then populate the respective date cell, with all the text information, i.e. 'Berth 4 Vessel X Fuelling 23 March 1030 - 1200

Additionally, separately, I want another set of drop down menus that will show how long a vessel will be staying. So I want to select a vessel name, a berth, and a date range that they will be present.
I.e. 'Berth 4 Vessel X' and have this populate the respective dates selected.

I just want this conditionally formatted by colour, each berth having its own respective colour, but I also want all the text copied across.

If anyone can understand my word jumble, is this achievable or is this asking too much from excel?

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
To me it sounds like you are wanting a combination of Pivot Tables and VLookups. Neither of which I am particularly good at. But with some more specific research with those two keywords you might find what you are looking for.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back