Trying to leave a cell unchanged if my IF function returns false.

yrottory

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. MacOS
I was wondering if there was any way to leave a box value unchanged if my conditional IF function returned false. for refernce, here is the IF function.
=IF(TODAY()=G5,IFS(I106<=25949,50%,I106<150000,90%,I106>=150000,95%),(???)) the (???) is the place that I would like to put something or remove something so the the cells value remains unchanged if the function returns false, but I havent found anything yet. Thank you!

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Im thinking there might be a way to limit the iterations of the function to just once so it runs once and then stops, if I can do that, then it would make my life easier with something like =IFS(I106<=25949,50%,I106<150000,90%,I106>=150000,95%) and then it would just enter in the value, but the problem is it iterates every time I open the spread sheet, and I lose all my progress. I am trying to stay away from VBA, but if needed I think a simple =stop command would be okay, because then it wouldnt iterate once in false unless manually told to do so. right?

Upvote 0
Ah I figured it out! if I manually Place the cell that is being referred to in the false portion of the equation, then it will not reiterate to reach a 0.00, it will hold the value last assigned to the cell, which is dictated by the true function. Thank you for giving me a place to vent and think! if anyone has any questions ask, and I will leave this thread open until I can upload a finished version of my commission workbook and then close it down.

Upvote 0
Here is the final iteration of the function if anyone needs to use it for a single output IF function, it runs off of date.

=IF(TODAY()<=G9,IFS(I107<=25949,50%,I107<150000,90%,I107>=150000,95%),Q9)

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shreyash11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back