Turn Around Time with Set Break Times

azhrei

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I'm trying to get a formula that'll calculate the TAT, considering break times that may pause production. I found a great thread here from some years ago I Need a formula to calculate the Turn Around Time that answers 90% of my question. With the solution posted there,
Re: I Need a formual to calculate the Turn Around Time

If you have start time/date in A2 and end time/date in B2 you can use this formula in C2

=(NETWORKDAYS(A2,B2)-1)*("17:00"-"8:00")+IF(NETWORKDAYS(B2,B2),MEDIAN(MOD(B2,1),"17:00","8:00"),"17:00")-MEDIAN(NETWORKDAYS(A2,A2)*MOD(A2,1),"17:00","8:00")

format C2 as [h]:mm
How could I take this and implement the subtraction of scheduled breaks? I have a break from 10-10:10, lunch from 12:30-13:00, and another break from 15:00-15:10. So essentially if my start and end time run between any of those breaks, the formula will subtract that time from the result. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Sorry for my misstake, its exactly what below
=SUMPRODUCT((MOD("23:00"-"1:00",1)>MOD(A2:B2-"1:00",1))*MOD("23:00"-A2:B2,1)*{1,-1})+MOD("23:00"-"1:00",1)*((MOD(B2-A2,1)>MOD("1:00"-A2,1))+INT(B2-A2))
I also found the above solution in this thread Calculate time difference between two times with removing non working hours, however I'd need three non-working times removed, and I do need to account for holidays and weekends. I'm attempting to find the solution myself however am only coming across formulas that partially address my particular needs.

Upvote 0
Perhaps I should've titled this as the Cycle Time as opposed to Turn Around Time but I can't seem to edit the subject line. Still been searching for an answer but no luck so far. Thankful for any guidance available!

Upvote 0
So what I ended up doing was:
Excel Formula:
=(NETWORKDAYS(O3,P3,Misc.!$B$2:B)-1)*("16:20"-"8:05")+IF(NETWORKDAYS(P3,P3,Misc.!$B$2:B),MEDIAN(MOD(P3,1),"16:20","8:05"),"16:20")-MEDIAN(NETWORKDAYS(O3,O3,Misc.!$B$2:B)*MOD(O3,1),"16:20","8:05")-("00:10"*R3)-("00:30"*S3)

Where I have start time/date in O3, end time/date in P3, and formula in Q3. R3 is 10 minute breaks and S3 is 30 minute lunch (both counted as 1, 2, etc.). I'm manually entering how many breaks and lunches should be factored in the formula. While working, is this the best solution for this or is there a way to automate those breaks based on my start/end date and times?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back