two column merge

kelleyl

I have a excel file 4800 rows of data. I need to merge two columns of data into a one, or at least a new column.

I know how to do the formula to merge cells just can't figure out how to do complete columns. and don't want to do (=A1&", "&B1) 4000 times. :(

By the way I am working on a Excel for Mac it that makes a difference.

Thanks for the help,

Kelley

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

rallcorn

Enter your formula at top copy your formula down to all rows in same column

mvptomlinson

In the first row (let's say row 1) enter

=A1&", "&B1

Assuming you have a list of data in columns A and B with no empty cells, and your concatenation formula is in C1, then hover over the lower right corner of C1 and double-click once you see the cursor change to a cross (or plus sign).

If there are gaps in your data, or you're formula is not immediately next to the two columns of data, rather than double-clicking the cross, click and hold the mouse button down, then drag your mouse downward until you reach the bottom of your data or include as many rows as is in your original data.

It's called "filling down".

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Csmnvld

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...