Two displays, one showing one sheet only

rireland

Board Regular
I use Excel for a sports scoring system. Sheets 1 to 5 have all the input info & minor placings. Sheet 6 is the results of the previous 5 sheets and the one the crowds want to see. What I want to do is connect a projector to the video output of the laptop & have sheet 6 permanently displayed (while we still input info to sheets 1-5.) Project to big screen for all to see! So:
1. Can the video output be different to the laptop display ( & if not is there a card I can buy to acheive that)
2. How can you make the second video ouput be a certain sheet of a workbook?
Thanks
Richard

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
A bit of hand-waving here because I haven't set one up, but did some research on the possibility a while back...

If your funds stretch to it, the way to go is with a dual-monitor setup. If you are using the on-board graphics, buy a card that fits into your PC -- you'll need to check out what to get here. Some cards have dual monitor outputs.

Anyway, what you do is:
1. Open the working copy on monitor 1
2. In Excel, Window> New Window and put that copy on monitor 2. Select Sheet6. This will be the monitor that feeds the output to the projector.

You work away on the main copy, updating Sheets 1-5. Monitor2 displays the collated results. Corwd is happy. You're happy. Or something like that :biggrin:

Denis

Upvote 0
dual display

Thanks for fast reply Denis.
Looks like the s/w is solved - the hardware might be the problem. Possibly the wrong forum to ask, but what I need, I think, is a PCMCIA card with dual video outputs? Do they exist?
Quick research found a few for desktops at huge prices, designed for v high res gaming. Don't need speed or res, just 2 outputs!
Richard

Upvote 0
Hi,

Dont know if this helps but my Dell Laptop has a docking station that has two video outputs which I use for dual monitors.

Maybe a docking station with two video outputs might be cheaper than what you have found.

~Mark

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSBerry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back