UDF in Personal.xls (SOLVED)

phantom1975

MrExcel MVP
I have the following UDF that works fine in the Workbook module:<pre>Function ThisPath()
ThisPath = ActiveWorkbook.Path
End Function</pre>

When I put the same Function in my Personal.xls, it won't work. Am I missing something?

...................****************** EXCEL/VB NEWBIES ARE MY <font color="red"> FAVORITE</font>! *****************...................<font color="blue">The only dumb question is the one that isn't asked. Pass on what you have learned.
This message was edited by phantom1975 on 2003-01-22 18:22

Jack, you provided me with a wealth of information and insight to a world I have not yet seen. Thank you so much for your help on this one.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Jack, just to clarify this:

BTW you can view and edit the xla in the VBE warning the XLA will not be changed so you loose amendments as the XLA will not change your need to edit the xls and re make the xla

These many ways or doing these things I find this simpler and easier, having one xls and one xla each time, re loading the new version of XLA as its amended and removing the old xla.

You can modify and save the AddIn without turning it into a "standard" workbook and then back to an Addin. You can just use the "Save" feature in the VBE, or, if you prefer to do it with code use:<pre>ThisWorkbook.Save</pre>If you're currently working on the AddIn, or a more reliable way<pre>Workbooks("MyAddInName.xla").Save</pre>So, there's no need to rename/unhide anything in there...

That was it.

Upvote 0
Juan

A very good point thank you

As you will have read the OP has exactly only my post as knowledge the idea was as you will have worked out, visions of XLS and XLA means he can use the last correct XLA if something should go wrong and try again. If un experienced VBA guys save live and force changed its not so easy to help, without seeing the offending code or a re write is required.

I just tried to make as simple as i possible could, the OP has thanked me and i assume fully understood my methods.

It worth remembering i only offer opinions and insights to my working, its not hard a fixed definitive answer or a resolved solution, but a solution that works this is

Again - many thanks for you addition, something i will remember,

Jack

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigPaws

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back