BebeM

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Greetings to you All

-I need your help with updating all saved workbooks which are saved on our server and in one folder named Office Files,
-all the workbooks are saved with the same ending of - LDS (e.g. Paul Smith - LDS; Gina Khoza - LDS etc)
-these workbooks are sourced from the main workbook, LDS v.003
-Recently, my colleagues keeps coming to me and request some changes to be implemented on these workbooks and i have to do that 1-by-1
-is there a way that i can just update the main workbook named LDS v.003 and then some magic happens to all other workbooks saved in the Office Files folder? and all of them get updated?
-I sometimes jump some workbooks or forget to update them because it is usually a lot (there are currently 107 workbooks saved in our Office Files Folder)

Your assistance is always appreciated

From Bebe

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Without more understanding of your workbooks structure can only give initial thoughts but if the workbooks saved in folder on your corporate network & they are, as you say, sourced from your main workbook, then one possibility *MAYBE* you could consider would, rather than you updating each individual one, have those workbooks refresh their data from the main workbook when user opens it. This would need some code placed in user workbooks to perform the refresh action.

Suggest, if possible, that you provide copy of your main workbook (with dummy data) using MRExcel Addin: XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

as well as a copy of user workbooks (with dummy data) or better still, provide copy of each using a file sharing site like Dropbox & provide a link to it here – maybe then, forum will be able to suggest other possible solutions for you.

Dave

Upvote 0
Without more understanding of your workbooks structure can only give initial thoughts but if the workbooks saved in folder on your corporate network & they are, as you say, sourced from your main workbook, then one possibility *MAYBE* you could consider would, rather than you updating each individual one, have those workbooks refresh their data from the main workbook when user opens it. This would need some code placed in user workbooks to perform the refresh action.

Suggest, if possible, that you provide copy of your main workbook (with dummy data) using MRExcel Addin: XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

as well as a copy of user workbooks (with dummy data) or better still, provide copy of each using a file sharing site like Dropbox & provide a link to it here – maybe then, forum will be able to suggest other possible solutions for you.

Dave
Noted, will do so

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back