Update Query isn't working

PWil84

Office Version
  1. 2019
Hello All,

I'm trying to update a blank column in another table that is linked to sharepoint. I'm updating that table with names from a another table. I keep getting blank rows indiciting that the query isn't working can you please assist? Please see below:

1669163932887.png

UPDATE [Historical Daily Hours JD] INNER JOIN [Historical Daily Hours] ON [Historical Daily Hours JD].Name = [Historical Daily Hours].Name SET [Historical Daily Hours JD].Name = [Historical Daily Hours].[Name]
WHERE ((([Historical Daily Hours JD].Date) Between "6/1/2021" And "9/30/2022"));

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Try changing the join so that you access all records from the table providing the update values. It make no sense to have an equal join because that implies that the 2 fields are equal. If they were, you wouldn't need to be updating one based on the other, correct?

Upvote 0
Try changing the join so that you access all records from the table providing the update values. It make no sense to have an equal join because that implies that the 2 fields are equal. If they were, you wouldn't need to be updating one based on the other, correct?
I tried that and I'm still getting the same result.

Upvote 0
There is also the Date field - Date is a reserved word and should not be used for object names. But that's probably not the problem. Your pic also shows that the dates are delimited as text. Try delimiting as dates, such as #6/1/2021# . However, I can't tell from that if your date field is date/time data or text.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back