Updating Financial Model-Real Estate Industry

Big Boss

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I am beginner in VBA,

I am currently working in the assets management and investment department for a mega project to develop public assets (Museums, Parks, Venues…etc.), and several real estate assets classes (Residential, Retail, Offices, and Hospitality, healthcare, and education).

Currently, we are working on developing a consolidated financial model for all the assets within the park and one of the outcomes of this model is to provide us with the potential lands value per plot (parcel), based on a discounted project cashflow.

One of the key outcomes of this model is to provide us with a prefeasibility and a potential land value (sqm price) that can be used as a threshold before going into a partnership with investors (Jv, SPV, …) so that we can have an estimate of our share (land-in-kind) on any JV.

Since the model needs to be updated frequently, what are the best-VBA-practices that can facilitate and help us in the process of updating the key assumptions (E.g., CAPEX costs per sqm for construction, design, land scaping, infra structure, ...etc.).?

I know this is seems very general, however, I am expecting at this stage to receive ideas and thoughts from those working in the industry and who might had faced such a challenge (updating the model).

This will help me a lot in approaching this challenge and establishing necessary requirements and data bases to activate relevant MACROS moving forward.

What I define as success here is when we reach a point where whenever we open the model and run one macro, all model outcomes are based on most recent assumptions.

Thank you for your time.

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back