Urgent help needed for spreadsheet formulas pls!

sparkle

Hi, I am new to Excel and need some help with a spreadsheet someone else created. It's been set up with dates and columns showing things like attendances, no shows, lateness, names of people in attendance, etc. Basically, its to show attendance by someone and related things to that, for a court hearing. It's been set up to automatcally give percentages too. I have some questions that would be basic for people used to Excel. Dates are set up for each Friday, but I need some dates for Weds too, and am not sure how to set this up so they get calculated in. Also, I need to change date format to MDY. I have added some dates by copying previous cells but am not sure if it's done right. I have a court deadline. Have to get a ton of information entered into the spreadsheet in time to print it next Tuesday for appearance Weds and so far, haven't been able to enter anything until I get advice on the spreadsheet itself. Oh, yes, I need to know also, how to produce some pie charts once I've entered all the information, as the judge likes to see pie charts for a quick overall view.

I would be so grateful for any help at all :confused:

Thanks in advance,
Amy

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Amy

Welcome to the MrExcel board!

I have removed part of your post. If you look at points 18-19 of the Posting Guidelines and #7 of the Forum Rules you will see why.

Might also be worth having a look at points 3 and 12 of the Posting Guidelines as well. :)

Upvote 0
Cheers. I hope you get some useful help on your problem. Weekends tend to be a bit slower on the forum though.

Every now and then (say a couple of time a day for a few days) you can reply back to your own thread with more clarification or even just the word 'bump' to bring your thread back up to the top of the list where it may be more likely to attract a response.

Upvote 0
Hi, I am new to Excel and need some help with a spreadsheet someone else created. It's been set up with dates and columns showing things like attendances, no shows, lateness, names of people in attendance, etc. Basically, its to show attendance by someone and related things to that, for a court hearing. It's been set up to automatcally give percentages too. I have some questions that would be basic for people used to Excel. Dates are set up for each Friday, but I need some dates for Weds too, and am not sure how to set this up so they get calculated in. Also, I need to change date format to MDY. I have added some dates by copying previous cells but am not sure if it's done right. I have a court deadline. Have to get a ton of information entered into the spreadsheet in time to print it next Tuesday for appearance Weds and so far, haven't been able to enter anything until I get advice on the spreadsheet itself. Oh, yes, I need to know also, how to produce some pie charts once I've entered all the information, as the judge likes to see pie charts for a quick overall view.

I would be so grateful for any help at all :confused:

Thanks in advance,
Amy

Here is more info on the sort of spreadsheet I have had set up. This spreadsheet concerns parental visits and is to show the percentage of whether the driver was late, who was the driver, if alternate drivers were used, if drop off was on time, if drop off was late, etc etc. The first column is the date. (I need it set up for Fridays (which it is) plus Weds (with an option to change the Weds to a Thurs). Each of the other columns for that date will have something entered to show if late, on time, who was driving, etc. The period will go back 18 months from the current time. I need to show the percentage of how many times they were late, how many times the driver was the mother, how many times alternate drivers were used, etc over the total 18 month period. I also need to produce pie charts to give the judge an immediate view of percentages, as well as the percentage column that's already in the spreadsheet. :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help offered.:)

Upvote 0
Here is more info on the sort of spreadsheet I have had set up. This spreadsheet concerns parental visits and is to show the percentage of whether the driver was late, who was the driver, if alternate drivers were used, if drop off was on time, if drop off was late, etc etc. The first column is the date. (I need it set up for Fridays (which it is) plus Weds (with an option to change the Weds to a Thurs). Each of the other columns for that date will have something entered to show if late, on time, who was driving, etc. The period will go back 18 months from the current time. I need to show the percentage of how many times they were late, how many times the driver was the mother, how many times alternate drivers were used, etc over the total 18 month period. I also need to produce pie charts to give the judge an immediate view of percentages, as well as the percentage column that's already in the spreadsheet. :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help offered.:)

If anyone could help me out with this, I would really appreciate. I have two days to prepare a spreadsheet for a court hearing. If anyone knows of any other place that would help me, that info would also be much appreciated. Thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back