Userform Not Closing

Ark68

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to shift a range of cells defined by (example) ws_cd..Range(.Cells(cdrow, 45), .Cells(cdrow, 93)), where cdrow = 2, left 7 spaces. So, I am attempting to move cells AS2:CO2 seven cells to the left, to AL2. With this code below, this is not happening. Nothing appears to be happening. Looking for someone to kindly show me my errors.

This is the code I'm using:

Code:
With ws_cd
        .Unprotect
        .Range(.Cells(cdrow, cdsvc_col), .Cells(cdrow, cdsvc_col + 6)).Value = ""
        If index < 8 Then
            If index = 1 Then
                .Range("AL" & cdrow) = .Range(.Cells(cdrow, 45), .Cells(cdrow, 93)).Offset(0, -7)
            ElseIf index = 2 Then 'move services 3-8 left 7 cells
                .Range("AS" & cdrow) = .Range(.Cells(cdrow, 52), .Cells(cdrow, 93)).Offset(0, -7)
            ElseIf index = 3 Then 'move services 4-8 left 7 cells
                .Range("AZ" & cdrow) = .Range(.Cells(cdrow, 59), .Cells(cdrow, 93)).Offset(0, -7)
            ElseIf index = 4 Then 'move services 5-8 left 7 cells
                .Range("BG" & cdrow) = .Range(.Cells(cdrow, 66), .Cells(cdrow, 93)).Offset(0, -7)
            ElseIf index = 5 Then 'move services 6-8 left 7 cells
                .Range("BN" & cdrow) = .Range(.Cells(cdrow, 73), .Cells(cdrow, 93)).Offset(0, -7)
            ElseIf index = 6 Then 'move services 7-8 left 7 cells
                .Range("BU" & cdrow) = .Range(.Cells(cdrow, 80), .Cells(cdrow, 93)).Offset(0, -7)
            Else 'index = 7 Then 'move services 8-8 left 7 cells
                .Range("CB" & cdrow) = .Range(.Cells(cdrow, 80), .Cells(cdrow, 93)).Offset(0, -7)
            End If
        End If
        .Protect
    End With

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
So if cdrow = 2, then a line like this:

Code:
.Range("AL" & cdrow) = .Range(.Cells(cdrow, 45), .Cells(cdrow, 93)).Offset(0, -7)

is equivalent to:

Code:
.Range("AL2").Value = .Range("AS2:CO2").Offset(0, -7).Value

Since 7 columns to the left of AS2:CO2 is AL2:CH2, and if you assign an array to one cell, you just get the first value of the array, your original code boils down to:

Code:
.Range("AL2").Value = .Range("AL2").Value

which is why you don't see anything happen.

Upvote 0
Thank you Rory for your reply, despite the fact that my subject had nothing to do with my question even remotely. It was a rement of the previous message I was creating.

I am trying to interpret your lesson , but honestly, I'm having difficulty

Based on my interpretation, I tried this, but this was very incorrect. Instead of sending the array to one cell, I enlarged the single cell to the same size as the range.

Code:
.Range(.Cells(cdrow, 38), .Cells(cdrow, 79)) = .Range(.Cells(cdrow, 52), .Cells(cdrow, 93)).Offset(0, -7)

Upvote 0
I found another way of doing ...
Code:
rng_shft.Cut .Cells(cdrow, cdsvc_col)

Where rng_shft is the predefined range of cells that I wanted shifted 7 cells to the left. Instead of trying to figure out offset (never relied on unfortunately), this does what I need.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back