Userform not working on all computers

Hoozits

I have this code

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
frm_document.Show
End Sub

A userform is called up upon a calculation change in the spreadsheet on two computers and has for years. We just hired a new employee and the userform is not pulling up for her. Instead she gets an error: Runtime error 75...Could not find the specified object. Any ideas?

On the problem machine, open the VBEditor, choose Tools-Options, select the general tab and in the Error Trapping section, set it to 'Break in class module' and then wait for the error to reoccur, and press Debug. It should hopefully jump to the real problem line.
Re your sig, what is Windows 2007?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
I did what you said. Same thing. It highlights 'frm_document.Show' and gives me the message: Runtime error 75...Could not find the specified object.

There, I changed my signature. I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's weird since you clearly have the userform (and would get a different error if you didn't). What code do you have in the userform's Initialize and activate events?

Upvote 0
I'll just give you the rest of the code for the form. I agree: it is odd. I'd rather it not work for her at all then work sometimes and not sometimes. I hope this additional code sheds some light.

Code:
Private Sub ScrollBar1_Change()

End Sub

Private Sub btn_cancel_Click()
Unload Me
End Sub

Private Sub btn_ok_Click()
LastRow = Worksheets("Forecast Notes").Cells(65536, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
Worksheets("Forecast Notes").Cells(LastRow, 1) = tb_selection
Worksheets("Forecast Notes").Cells(LastRow, 2) = tb_month
Worksheets("Forecast Notes").Cells(LastRow, 3) = tb_day
Worksheets("Forecast Notes").Cells(LastRow, 4) = tb_year
Worksheets("Forecast Notes").Cells(LastRow, 5) = tb_document
Unload Me
End Sub

Private Sub cb_month_Change()

End Sub

Private Sub Label4_Click()

End Sub

Private Sub TextBox1_Change()

End Sub

Private Sub Label6_Click()

End Sub

Private Sub tb_selection_Change()

End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Click()

End Sub

Upvote 0
Why do you have a bunch of empty procedure stubs in the userform? I suggest you remove them and then compile the project (Debug menu in the VBEditor). Also, why are you using the Calculate event to show the form, as a matter of interest?

Upvote 0
I understand I have some unnecessary items in there and can delete them, I suppose. I was just messing around. I have the form pop up upon a calculation change because the form is meant to force the documentation of changes to the spreadsheet and this seemed to be the easiest way to do that. It's disheartening when problems like this arise. I don't know if this helps, but I will add that this employee's computer is particularly slow to respond in general. I wonder if there's a way to put in a delay to the form displaying to give the computer time to catch up. Or am I just grasping at straws?

Upvote 0
A bit of a stab in the dark... which Excel add-ins does that user have installed?

Upvote 0
I wondered about that, too, but she has the same as I do with a few exceptions that don't apply. I also made sure we had the same references and that none of them were missing. I'm truly and completely perplexed. Someone is going to install Excel locally onto her machine as that has not been done before. We are trying everything over here. I appreciate all of the help.

Upvote 0
I read on another thread in another forum that someone once "fluked" a fix to this problem by unticking and reticking their add-ins. It may or may not apply here. (If it does work then it would be interesting to know which add-ins they are).

Upvote 0
At this point I'll try nearly anything. The addins she has are: Analysis ToolPak; Analysis ToolPak - VBA; Conditional Sum Wizard; Euro Currency Tools; Internet Assistant VBA; Lookup Wizard; Solver Add-in.

Exactly how should I go about doing this?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdahsankhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back