Userform textboxs autofill

Kingchaos64

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a UserForm2 with 3 textbox columns.
'Claim Check, City, Employee Int'.
Is there a way to make the City and Employee textboxes auto populate with the City and Employee that was entered right above it?
Claim Check textbox (Name) starts at c1 the one below it is c2 and so on. City textbox is s1 the one below it is s2 and so on and Employee is e1 and below is e2.

I attached a photo of an example of what I would like to see when I enter the first set of data.

Just trying to make this a faster data entry. Claim checks will always change but city and Employee will only change a bit.

Attachments

• 20210206_182150.jpg
    20210206_182150.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 41
Ok, here's an example:
You enter data in the texboxes then hit ENTER > data in textboxes will be sent to the listbox.
And you see the previous entry of 2 textboxes is still there, this is the part that you want:
"How to get "s" and "e" textboxes to autofill with the previous "s" and "e" entered data."
Repeat the steps to fill in more rows of data then hit FINISH > data from listbox will be sent to cell A1 onwards ( as you said "the data transfers to the sheet it all goes into one row. Just one really long row lol.")

Kingchaos64_-_USERFORM_1.xlsm

View attachment 31526
Dang.... where were you 8hrs ago lol. That's a lot easier I believe. I can't open the link if that's a link, it says it's corrupted when I try to download it.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Dang.... where were you 8hrs ago lol. That's a lot easier I believe. I can't open the link if that's a link, it says it's corrupted when I try to download it.
When I downloaded it, the file extension became xlsx. Need to rename to xlsm since it has macro

Upvote 0
I can't open the link if that's a link, it says it's corrupted when I try to download it.
Hm, what's the file extension you downloaded? if it's .xlsx the change it to .xlsm, it should be fine.
I realized that in Mediafire.com sometimes the .xlsm file is downloaded as .xlsx. I don't know why?
What browser are you using?

Upvote 0
Hm, what's the file extension you downloaded? if it's .xlsx the change it to .xlsm, it should be fine.
I realized that in Mediafire.com sometimes the .xlsm file is downloaded as .xlsx. I don't know why?
My Firefox changed it to xlsx too

Upvote 0
Oh it might be because I'm trying to open it on my phone. It's almost 1am I'm not at work to use a computer. Man I need to get a laptop lol

Upvote 0
@Zot Thanks for the information
When I downloaded it, the file extension became xlsx. Need to rename to xlsm since it has macro
My Firefox changed it to xlsx too
I got this problem only when using Firefox. It's find on another browser.

Upvote 0
Oh it might be because I'm trying to open it on my phone. It's almost 1am I'm not at work to use a computer. Man I need to get a laptop lol
Thank you guys for helping me out. Since your here was there any code that would count the c entry's? they will always be formatted 01-01-01. That data is in a table the column header for each c entry has the name claim check. The entry's start on column 5, and are in every third column. Maybe something that adds all minus 4 divide by 3... idk

Upvote 0
Since your here was there any code that would count the c entry's? they will always be formatted 01-01-01. That data is in a table the column header for each c entry has the name claim check. The entry's start on column 5, and are in every third column. Maybe something that adds all minus 4 divide by 3... idk
I can't understand your explanation.
Could you upload a sample workbook (without sensitive data) to a free site such as dropbox.com or google drive & then share the link here?
It will make it easier to understand, test and find a solution.
And I need an example of what you're trying to do, so I can try to find a better method.
For example:
There are 2 type of data entry:
1. Data already exist in the sheet, such as name, id, etc, so you need to show this data in the userform. This type of data is usually handled by a combobox or listbox.
2. You enter new data, this is usually handled by a textbox.

Upvote 0
Thank you guys for helping me out. Since your here was there any code that would count the c entry's? they will always be formatted 01-01-01. That data is in a table the column header for each c entry has the name claim check. The entry's start on column 5, and are in every third column. Maybe something that adds all minus 4 divide by 3... idk
My understanding is you are talking about after data entries completed. Data is stored in rows in this sequence

Range E5, F5, G5, H5, I5, J5, and so on
Claim, City, Employee, Claim, City, Employee, and so on

Each row will have unknown column filled depends on date? So, you want to count how many Claim, City and Employee for how many total of rows?

Upvote 0
if the employee is binded to a city then it can be treated as 1 entry. a combobox would then be a useful way to improve Akuini method

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back