Userform to change values from hidden sheet

dguillen

Hey everybody,

I've been working on this project for months now and I'm getting towards the end of my timeline. The idea was to have the end user fill out the "Request" form, which is all recorded and stored in the "DataLog" sheet (hidden). Then once the request is satisfied, the end user will find their request (via UserForm) then update the request as "Complete"....

Where i need help......
I've built a UserForm with VLookup to find previous requests, but i can't get the CBO to mark the recorded request as "Complete" in the "DataLog" sheet.
Here's what i have so far...

Private Sub ID_AfterUpdate()
'Vlookup to find the "Request#"
'Check to see if value exists
If WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Sheet2.Range("A:A"), Me.ID.Value) = 0 Then
MsgBox "This is an incorrect ID"
Me.ID.Value = ""
Exit Sub
End If
'Lookup values based on first control
With Me
'.ID1 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(CLng(Me.ID), Sheet2.Range("Lookup"), 2, 0)
.ID2 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(CLng(Me.ID), Sheet2.Range("Lookup"), 3, 0)
.ID3 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(CLng(Me.ID), Sheet2.Range("Lookup"), 4, 0)
.ID4 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(CLng(Me.ID), Sheet2.Range("Lookup"), 5, 0)
.ID5 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(CLng(Me.ID), Sheet2.Range("Lookup"), 6, 0)
.ID6 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(CLng(Me.ID), Sheet2.Range("Lookup"), 7, 0)
.cboStatus = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(CLng(Me.ID), Sheet2.Range("Lookup"), 10, 0)

End With
End Sub

I know this is way wrong, but this is the closest i've gotten to my goal!

Private Sub cmdUpdate_Click()

Dim Status As String
Status = cboStatus.Value

Cells(Application.ActiveCell.Row, 10).Value = Status

'Close the userform
Unload Me

End Sub

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Try this

Code:

Dim IDrow As Integer
    Dim Status As String
    Status = cboStatus.Value

With Sheet2
        IDrow = .Range("A:A").Find(Me.ID.Value, LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole).Row
        .Cells(IDrow, 10).Value = Status
    End With

'Close the userform
    Unload Me

End Sub

You could also use this method of finding the ID row to simplify your ID_AfterUpdate sub

eg

Code:
.ID2 = Sheet2.Cells(IDrow,3).Value

Upvote 0
Try this

Code:

Dim IDrow As Integer
    Dim Status As String
    Status = cboStatus.Value

With Sheet2
        IDrow = .Range("A:A").Find(Me.ID.Value, LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole).Row
        .Cells(IDrow, 10).Value = Status
    End With

'Close the userform
    Unload Me

End Sub

You could also use this method of finding the ID row to simplify your ID_AfterUpdate sub

eg

Code:
.ID2 = Sheet2.Cells(IDrow,3).Value

sericom! You're amazing... i've spend hours and hours and hours watching YouTube videos and researching hundreds of webpages with ZERO luck! But, on Mr.Excel.com, it took a little over an hour for a highly skill excel guru like yourself to fix my problem... i can't thank you enough with your help. Greatly, Greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

Upvote 0
sericom! You're amazing... i've spend hours and hours and hours watching YouTube videos and researching hundreds of webpages with ZERO luck! But, on Mr.Excel.com, it took a little over an hour for a highly skill excel guru like yourself to fix my problem... i can't thank you enough with your help. Greatly, Greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

Thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgharbawi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back