Users only access sheets in their name

jamste

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I've looked around other threads for an answer but was struggling to find a definitive answer, apologies if i've missed this.

I have a file that has around 80 pages, each page has data for an individual within the business, i want to send the file out as one excel file to all users but due to the data being sensitive i do not want everyone to be able to view everything, i want to make it so that they only have access to the single page that is in their name.

All of the pages are set with the individual users names.

I was thinking of creating a page that they select their name from a drop down and when they click this it takes them to their page. Is there a way of using the office user name to verify their details and make it so it only goes to their page? If so could someone please help in showing me how to do this.

Hopefully the above makes sense.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
I'd really vote against sending sensitive data out to all users. You could for sure do what you are talking about with locking sheets with protection but that is pretty easy to crack.

If you are emailing the sheets. Can you loop through and create a separate workbook for each user and email them just their own sheet?

Upvote 0
Thank you, it does need to be secure as it is basically a customer list for the entire business and each person should only really be seeing what is relevant to them.

There are 80 sheets in total, each person has a list of items that they need to give feedback on, the feedback is to be chosen from a dropdown list.

I've created a workbook where every sheet has this drop down and then a data page that looks up the user inputs to collate the data. However if i copy the individual sheet to a new one, i lose the dropdown list, but I'm also unsure how this would then feedback to the original sheet and collate the data.

Upvote 0
Can you post an example of the feedback sheet.

If you download the Xl2BB plugin, you can copy a range/sheet and paste it directly in so we can see it.
Here is the link.
XL2BB
Also, Welcome to the board!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back