Using a cell value holding file path as a variable in a function

Platypus

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,
I have a problem in work,
We have multiple excel files, in the same format/template that various users in our organisation complete and send to my department,
There could be 40/50 of these, each containing multiple sheets, each uniform and consistant with eachother.

My Department creates a matrix, where each row corresponds to an individual file, and each column corresponds to a specific cell value, on a specific sheet (these are all uniform across the files).
I'm trying to reduce our workload, by setting up the matrix so each particular cell references X cell, in Y sheet, in Z workbook/file.
I've tried to include a column, in the left-most column of the matrix, to include the file path of the particular workbook, and then use this to include in the formulas in each column,

In the hopes that every time I need to create the matrix, I just need to update one column, which would be the column holding the location of the particular file.

Does anyone have an idea of how to solve this issue, or any alternative methods to achieve the same result?

Cheers!
Platypus

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back