RDGrist

Office Version
  1. 2016
  2. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi all,
I have created a data table (Table1) for multiple users to input some data and added some slicers to help easy navigation as it is in excess of 1,500 rows.

I would like to try and connect one of these slicers to a pivot chart that I have created which shows some analysis of the data in the table. The slicer concerned contains Names of individuals therefore the list is the same across the table and the pivot chart. I must add that the pivot chart is looking at a different table (Table2) which is performing a number of calculations on the data in 'Table 1'

I have read that it cant be done using the Report Connection function as that would only apply to 2 pivot slicers. My issue is that the data table cannot be a pivot as I need users to input forecasted numbers and the months that have already passed have a SUMIFS formula pulling in the actual data for those months from another tab.

I have seen a couple of examples of VBA code that have been tried on similar problems but I have had no success in implementing this in my file.

I've certainly gone round in many circles trying to find a solution but to no avail so far!

If anyone can give me some pointers I will be very grateful!

Thanks,
Ryan

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back