Using Advanced Filter in Excel

Lorna

I am currently running Excel 2003 in Windows XP. This is my question. I have a database of products I'm storing on a sheet named Database, which the user never sees. On another sheet call Input, I have four drop-down boxes which allows the user to:
Step 1. Select products filtered by one of four choices. I have done this simply using a Data Validation List.
Step 2. The second drop-down contains another Data Validation List which uses a series of nested IF statements to filter the choices available in the list based on what was chosen in Step One.

Now is when it gets complicated

Step 3. The third drop down should only display those products which are valid choices based on steps 1 and 2. There are too many choices to use nested if statements. I can successfully filter the information I need using an Advanced Filter, but I don't know how activate it. I want it to filter the list of choices in the third drop-down as soon as a choice has been selected from the second drop-down.

Step 4. Needs to do the same thing as Step three, but now filtered based on all three previous choices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you errored out, there is a good change Events are not enabled. Open the VBE (ALT+F11) and choose View>Immediate Window. Enter Application.EnableEvents = True and press enter. Now try the code by changing the cell
lenze
Note: Please use code tags when posting code

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back