Using BING MAPS get miles

CHFD13

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Ok as I read in several of the older threads GOOGLE now charges for the look up of API. I had a Excel VBA using Google Maps API. that I paid for. Well now that it is no longer recognized. Am having to start over.
Ok now that I've had my rantings...
I am the National Fire Incident Reporting Systems(NFIRS) Officer for the Center Hill Fire Protection District, (CHFPD) pronounced as SHHFud).
I do an Annual Fire Board Report, detailing all of the calls that CHFPD responded to the previous year. (Jan 1-Dec31 2022)
Also I do a MILEAGE for the Volunteer Fire Fighters as well. Because they receive a per-call stipend at the end of the year. The FF's get a 10-99 IRS ( Inflamed Rectum Syndrome ) statement as well.
All of that to get to the brass tacks. What I am currently doing is exhaustive to do each manual lookup the miles ONE WAY from the CHFD Station to each incident, Address/ Location,
I have an active BING MAPS API that I'm trying to get to work with my address listing. All of the START POINTS will be at the CHFD Station.
[A
Column is the Date, [ B Column is the NFIRS # [ C Column is the Address/ Location [ D Column is Type of Call [ E Column is the Miles to call ( G- Z are the FF's )
01/01/22 2022001 4100 Hwy 36 W [FIre] (have a pick list from) this will be a VBA GET MILES (have a Y or N box)
address will be linked to another sheet not shown

So as you can see I can get almost all of this done pretty simple But the MAPPING is driving me crazy
Thanks CHFD13

Sorry I still have not figured out to do the Add In for the XL2BB So I took a screen shot

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-12 231159.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-12 231159.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Are those ending addresses real addresses? I am asking because the program doesn't pull any data for them.

Upvote 0
I wish you would stop playing.

Provide real addresses so I can test the program.

You can provide addresses to a library or a post office, courthouse, any public address so I can test if what I come up with actually works.

Upvote 0
The local supermarket, I don't care, but please provide real addresses.

Upvote 0
I am Sorry but I still have not been successful in try to open the ADD IN xl2bb. I have followed through each step and its like it there but when I tell it to ADD In nothing. Close out Excel then reopen a blank sheet And a search for it NOTHING Found.
So The best I can do is the Screen shot I sent

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-12 234732.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-12 234732.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
That is again a different setup than what you have previously posted.

When you figure out what your sheet looks like, let me now.

I am out!

Upvote 0
I wish you would stop playing.

Provide real addresses so I can test the program.

You can provide addresses to a library or a post office, courthouse, any public address so I can test if what I come up with actually works.
I am sorry that it might seem like Im playing with you Honestly I am not
The screenshot is from 2021 run report that I mentioned
This screenshot is a backup of the Orignal File

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-12 231159.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-12 231159.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
That is again a different setup than what you have previously posted.

When you figure out what your sheet looks like, let me now.

I am out!
I see what you are mean that its different setup Sorry about that
I am not a programmer that always gets it right or else I wouldn't be on here asking for help.
I really Do not care the Layout as long as I've got the basic of Date NFIRS Mileage & Type of Call, with address as a hidden column.

Upvote 0
Ok as I read in several of the older threads GOOGLE now charges for the look up of API. I had a Excel VBA using Google Maps API. that I paid for. Well now that it is no longer recognized. Am having to start over.

Do you have a BingMaps API key? If not, go get one and save it.

Go there & click sign in.
Enter your Google info to log in.

When you are signed in, at the top click the 'My Account', in the drop down menu select 'My Keys'

When the My Keys window opens make the following entries exactly as the pic shows
Create Key Info.jpg

After that a window should appear showing you the API key that you will need to use.

Upvote 0
I have an active BING MAPS API that I'm trying to get to work with my address listing. All of the START POINTS will be at the CHFD Station.
[A
Column is the Date, [ B Column is the NFIRS # [ C Column is the Address/ Location [ D Column is Type of Call [ E Column is the Miles to call ( G- Z are the FF's )
01/01/22 2022001 4100 Hwy 36 W [FIre] (have a pick list from) this will be a VBA GET MILES (have a Y or N box)
address will be linked to another sheet not shown

Guess I should have read further. :)

Now that we have established you have an active BingMaps API, your addresses will have to be separated somehow in each line, unless you want to go on record to say that they will always be in Searcy, AR

Once we get that issue solved, we will have something to test with.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwguy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back